Sure, here are the steps on how to add tags to YouTube videos and why they are important:
1) How to Add Tags to YouTube Videos
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- Select content from the left menu & select video.
- Add your tags.
- When you’re finished adding tags, click Save.
- To see more options for adding tags, click the MORE OPTIONS button.
2) Why Add tags are important and how we can Tags our videos on YouTube?
- Tags help people find your videos: When people search for videos on YouTube, they use keywords to describe what they’re looking for. Tagging your videos with relevant keywords will make them more likely to appear in search results.
- Tags help you reach more people: If your videos are tagged with relevant keywords, they will be more likely to be seen by people who are interested in watching them.
- Tags help you track the performance of your videos: By tracking which tags are generating the most views, you can see which keywords are most effective in attracting new viewers to your videos. This information can help you improve your tagging strategy in the future.
- Tags help you get more likes and comments: Videos that are tagged with relevant keywords are more likely to be liked and commented on by viewers. This can help you boost your engagement and make your videos more successful.
3) Tips for Choosing Tags for Your YouTube Videos
- Use a mix of generic and specific keywords: Generic keywords are broad terms that describe your video’s overall topic, while specific keywords are more specific to the content of your video.
- Use long-tail keywords: For example, instead of using the generic keyword “food,” you could use the long-tail keyword “healthy vegan recipes.”
- Utilize search-engine-friendly terms that consumers are likely to use: Do some keyword research to see which keywords people are using to search for videos like yours.
- Use a variety of keywords: Use a variety of keywords to increase the chances of your videos appearing in search results.
- Don’t use too many tags: You can use up to 150 tags per video, but it’s generally best to use no more than 20-30 tags. Using too many tags can make your videos appear spammy.
By following these tips, you can choose the right tags for your YouTube videos and help them reach a wider audience.
I hope this helps!